END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

Biggest earthquake in 30 years hits western Scottish Highlands

Go down

Biggest earthquake in 30 years hits western Scottish Highlands Empty Biggest earthquake in 30 years hits western Scottish Highlands

Post by Harry Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Biggest earthquake in 30 years hits western Scottish Highlands

Magnitude 3.8 tremor in Moidart area is felt widely across west of Scotland

View from Croit Bheinn, Moidart, Scotland.

The view from Croit Bheinn in the Moidart area of Scotland, where the quake was recorded. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

Shares

Press Association

Friday 4 August 2017 16.02 EDT
Last modified on Saturday 5 August 2017 06.43 EDT

The largest earthquake to be felt in the west Highlands of Scotland in more than 30 years was recorded on Friday.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) recorded the magnitude 3.8 tremor in the Moidart area just before 3.45pm. It was the biggest earthquake in the region since a magnitude 4.1 quake near Oban in September 1986, officials said.
UK experiences three earthquakes a year due to human activity, study says
Read more

The BGS said the latest quake “was felt widely across the west of Scotland”.

One local resident tweeted: “Think I just experienced a minor #earthquake, here on Ardnamurchan. West coast #Scotland. Anyone else feel it, my kitchen rumbled.”

Another wrote: “Just experienced 2 earthquake tremors here in Scotland. Never felt anything like that, like the ground beneath us was exploding. Terrifying!”

In recent years, there was a magnitude 3.5 earthquake in Glenuig in January 2011.

Scotland’s largest earthquake was a magnitude 5.2 event in Argyll in 1880, the BGS said.
Since you’re here …

… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.

I appreciate there not being a paywall: it is more democratic for the media to be available for all and not a commodity to be purchased by a few. I’m happy to make a contribution so others with less means still have access to information.
Thomasine F-R.

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down