END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

HEAVENS HEALING, THE NATURAL REMEDIES

Go down

HEAVENS HEALING, THE NATURAL REMEDIES Empty HEAVENS HEALING, THE NATURAL REMEDIES

Post by Harry Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:27 pm

HEAVEN'S HEALING - NATURAL REMEDIES

7. SECRETS OF REST

You have a deadline to finish. You decide to stifle the yawn and push through the night. Sure it is already late‚ but you drink some coffee and keep going. Your body‚ of course‚ is fighting you every step of the way. Whether you realize it or not‚ your brain has already started to check out for the night. After about 18 hours without sleep‚ your reaction time begins to slow from ¼ of a second to ½ a second and then longer.

Who Can We Blame for Not Getting Enough Sleep?
It should be Thomas Edison. Before he invented the light bulb people slept an average of ten hours per night. Today the average is seven hours or less as we have learned to ignore the body's call for sleep. baby When we are thirsty; we drink. When we are hungry; we eat. But when we are tired; we often work abusing our bodies to the point of exhaustion. This is one of the greatest hindrances to recovery.
Rest is one of the most basic healers known to humanity. When we become sick‚ what is the thing we want most to do? To lie down. Nature will restore vigor and strength during sleep hours‚ if her laws are not violated.

"… if he sleep, he shall do well." —John 11:12
Losing only three hours of sleep can cut the effectiveness of your immune system in half. Furthermore, the Institute of Medicine issued a report that confirmed definite links between sleep deprivation and increased risks of hypertension‚ diabetes‚ obesity‚ depression‚ heart attack‚ and stroke. A ground breaking 1999 study showed that after six days on only four hours of sleep‚ healthy volunteers fell into a pre-diabetic state. Sleep also gives the heart a chance to slow down‚ and those who sleep less than six hours a night have as much as a 66 percent greater prevalence of hypertension.
How well we sleep can seriously alter the balance of hormones in our body. This can then disrupt our sleep/wake cycle (circadian rhythm). A disrupted circadian rhythm may influence cancer progression through shifts in hormones like melatonin‚ which the brain makes during sleep.

Nature will restore your vigor & strength when you sleep, if her laws are not violated.
Since the work of building up the body and mind takes place during the hours of rest‚ it is essential‚ especially in youth‚ that sleep should be regular and abundant. While sleeping, the brain continues to learn by deconstructing memory and connecting it to related things‚ resulting in faster and more accurate performance after a good night's sleep.
A good night's sleep can improve the memory by 30 percent. After a day's work the brain cell is exhausted; but after a good night's sleep it is refreshed and ready to resume its normal work. This can be demonstrated with the microscope. After work, the nerve cell is shrunken inside, and the little granules in its protoplasm disappear. After rest, they are again plump and the granules are restored.
A good night's sleep helps you control your appetite. Two hormones regulate your appetite: One tells you when you are hungry (ghrelin), the other tells you when you are full (leptin). When you do not get enough sleep there is a decrease in the production of the ‘full' hormone and an increase in the production of the ‘hungry' hormone encouraging you to eat more.

How Much Sleep Should I Get?
sleep After following over one million participants for six years, the largest study on sleep duration and mortality found that those who slept about seven hours had the highest survival rate. Those who slept less than 4.5 hours had the worst. Nine hours of sleep or more each night was also associated with a higher mortality risk (Proverbs 20:13). Experts tend to agree that the majority of people require about eight hours of sleep each night.

How Can I Sleep Better?
To sleep well, you need to work well. "The sleep of a laboring man is sweet‚ whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep" (Ecclesiastes 5:12). Idleness is the cause of many diseases. Rather than taking a harmful sleeping pill‚ make sure to do strenuous outdoor physical labor every day.
Abstain from all stimulants (caffeine‚ alcohol‚ tobacco‚ spicy foods). Avoid eating anything a couple hours before bedtime.
Regular times for going to bed and rising are very helpful. The best time to go to bed is between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Deepest sleep is between 9.00 PM to 12.00 AM. The body‚ particularly the adrenals‚ recharges the most during 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
Make sure your eyes are exposed to sunlight every morning, this enhances melatonin-production. Sleep in complete darkness (cover your eyes so no light penetrates). Even a little light during the night can disrupt your circadian rhythm and your pineal gland's production of melatonin (your body's number one anti-aging hormone) and serotonin (your happiness hormone).
A relaxing soak in warm water will help you unwind after a stressful day. Have a cup or two of your preferred choice of a calming herbal tea.

Rest Embraces Much More Than a Good Night's Sleep
landscape "Come ye yourselves apart … and rest a while" (Mark 6:31). It is important to take time for rest‚ contemplation, and recreation (not for amusement). Recreation is re-creative; it refreshes the mind and the body enabling us to return with new vigor to the earnest work of life. Amusement, on the other hand, is sought for the sake of pleasure and is often carried to excess; it absorbs the energies that are required for useful work and thus proves a hindrance to life's true success.
Recreation is needful for those who are engaged in physical labor and is still more essential for those whose labor is principally mental. Recreation that benefits those around you is most beneficial. Spending time outdoors in nature in some form of physical exercise is an excellent form of recreation (hiking‚ picnicking‚ swimming‚ etc.).
Watching TV is not a good source of recreation. An analysis of thirty-five different scientific studies has identified no fewer than fifteen negative health effects associated with watching long hours of television. Among these effects are heart trouble, cancer, diabetes, autism, Alzheimer's disease, eyesight damage, and sleeping difficulties.

The Sabbath

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest‚ he also hath ceased from his own works‚ as God from his." —Hebrews 4:9‚ God designated a day for us to rest and consecrate to Him. After God completed creation of the earth in six days‚ He rested to give us an example: "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day‚ and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made" (Genesis 2:2‚ 3).
God could have accomplished creation with one word but He chose to employ six days to give us the Sabbath. Sabbath stands in advance of the other nine commandments because it is established by the example of the Lawgiver Himself.

"Six days shalt thou labour‚ and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God: in it thou shalt not do any work‚ thou‚ nor thy son‚ nor thy daughter‚ thy manservant‚ nor thy maidservant‚ nor thy cattle‚ nor thy stranger that is within thy gates." —Exodus 20:9‚ 10
Jesus said: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law‚ or the prophets: I am not come to destroy‚ but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you‚ till heaven and earth pass‚ one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law‚ till all be fulfilled" (Matthew 5:17‚ 18).
Our health is blessed when we rest on God's Sabbath day: "My son‚ forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days‚ and long life‚ and peace‚ shall they add to thee." (Proverbs 3:1‚ 2). To enjoy perfect health we will be blessed to keep the day our Creator blessed and sanctified.

8. THE MOST IMPORTANT HABIT

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." —Proverbs 3:5, 6

Your body was designed to deal with stress only in infrequent emergencies (fight-or-flight) by praying child releasing hormones. You were not created to cope with chronic stress on a daily basis. Every drop of these stress hormones unduly pumped in the body is a poison that gradually destroys your immune system. The continual release of these hormones raises your blood pressure and blood sugar increasing your risk of heart disease and diabetes. Stress is caused by fear and worry due to a lack of trust. If you would but realize that not a sigh that is breathed‚ not a pain that is felt‚ not a grief that pierces the soul‚ but the throb vibrates to your loving Heavenly Father's heart, you would never fail to trust Him knowing that everything that comes your way is permitted by Him for your good. You may be as weak as was the woman who touched the hem of Jesus garment; but if you feel your dependence upon Him and come to Him trusting in faith, He will respond as quickly as He did to that touch of faith. The hour of man's necessity isGod's opportunity.

The hour of man's necessity is God's opportunity.
If you would walk without fear‚ you must know that the hand of Jesus holds your own firmly. And you can only know this by searching the Word of the living God and obeying His word. Take time to pray‚ and as you pray‚ believe that God hears you. Mix your prayers with faith. You may not at all times feel the immediate answer; but it is then that your faith is tried. You are proved to see whether you will trust in God‚ whether you do have a living and abiding faith. "Faithful is He that calleth you‚ who also will do it" (1 Thessalonians 5:24). Walk the narrow plank of faith. Do not to trust in your faith‚ but in all the promises of God. Trust God in darkness. That is the time to have faith. Don't be governed by your feelings. Don't put your trust in man.

"Come unto me‚ all ye that labour and are heavy laden‚ and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you‚ and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy‚ and my burden is light." —Matthew 11:28-30, emphasis added

"With men it is impossible‚ but not with God: for with God all things are possible."
—Mark 10:27

"Behold‚ I am the Lord‚ the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?"
—Jeremiah 32:27

Jesus said: "If ye abide in me‚ and my words abide in you‚ ye shall ask what ye will‚ and it shall be done unto you." —John 15:7 emphasis added

"And whatsoever we ask‚ we receive of him‚ because we keep his commandments‚ and do those things that are pleasing in his sight." —1 John 3:22

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." —Isaiah 26:3

"He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still." —Psalm 107:29

Healing Cannot Take Place Without God.
It is God's healing power that runs through all nature. If a tree is cut, a bone broken or finger wounded‚ nature begins at once to repair the injury. Even before the need exists‚ the healing agencies are in readiness to accomplish their work of restoration.
When any part of the body sustains injury‚ a healing process at once begins; nature's agencies are set at work to restore soundness. But the power working through these agencies is the power of God working to keep us alive‚ to build up and restore us. All life-giving power is from Him. When one recovers from disease‚ it is God who restores him. Sickness‚ suffering‚ and death are all works of an antagonistic power.
Summary of 8 Habits for Better Health:

1. Trust in God 4. Water 7. Nutrition
2. Sunlight 5. Exercise 8. Rest
3. Air 6. Temperance

Most Effective Neglected Agency for Combating Disease
At this point‚ it would be futile to stop here without addressing the power of your mind for the restoration and health.
The thoughts in the mind need to be controlled‚ for they have a most powerful influence upon the health and are the most effective agency for combating disease. The electric power of the brain‚ promoted by mental activity‚ vitalizes the whole system‚ and thus is the most invaluable aid in resisting disease.
To array someone's mind against sickness‚ is the supreme art of medicine. Inspire in a person courage and purpose‚ and the mind-power will cast out disease. Willpower is another name for life force. Men with great willpower resist and combat disease. The imagination often misleads‚ and when indulged‚ brings severe forms of disease upon the afflicted.
Sickness of the mind prevails everywhere. Nine tenths of the diseases from which we suffer have their foundation here. Ninety percent of illnesses are mentally triggered—mostly due to stress and guilt.

9. Eight Mental Steps to Better Health

What Is the Best Medicine for Diseased Bodies and Minds?
the cross

1. FORGIVING
One cannot experience the full blessing of health without having first experienced God's forgiveness. Remember that sin is the first cause of disease because if sin had not existed neither would have disease. The burden of guilt, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of many maladies.
In the Bible‚ the paralytic found in Jesus healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing preceded the physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked; forgiveness is connected with physical healing. There is inexpressible peace and joy and rest in the consciousness of sins forgiven. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease‚ who‚ like the paralytic‚ are longing for the message‚ "Thy sins are forgiven." They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give imparts vigor to the mind‚ and health to the body.
God promises that "If we confess our sins‚ He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins‚ and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9). "Return unto the Lord thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. Take with you words‚ and turn to the Lord; say unto him‚ Take away all iniquity‚ and receive us graciously." The Lord answers‚ "I will heal their backsliding‚ I will love them freely; for mine anger is turned away from him" (Hosea 14:1, 2, 4). What can make a heart so light‚ what can spread so much sunshine through the soul‚ as the sense of sins forgiven? The peace of Jesus is life and health.

"An unforgiving heart cannot be healed."
However, if we expect our prayers to be heard when we come to ask mercy and blessing from God, we must forgive others in the same manner and to the same extent as we hope to be forgiven. How can we pray‚ "Forgive us our debts‚ as we forgive our debtors‚" and yet indulge an unforgiving spirit? (Matthew 6:12). We shall need to have the love of Jesus‚ that we may not cherish an unforgiving spirit. An unforgiving heart cannot be healed. It is the love of God that draws us unto Him, and that love cannot touch our hearts without creating love for our brethren.

2. A CLEAR CONSCIENCE

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." —Proverbs 4:20-22
There is a close association between the physical being and the soul. When a human being is in harmony with Godfew problems of the physical body are unsolvable. With His help nothing is impossible.
There is health in obedience to God's law. The consciousness of right–doing is the best medicine for sick bodies and minds. The special blessing of God resting upon the receiver is health and strength. A person whose mind is quiet and satisfied in God is on the pathway to health.
"My son‚ forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days‚ and long life‚ and peace‚ shall they add to thee… It shall be health to thy navel‚ and marrow to thy bones." (Proverbs 3:1‚ 2‚ Cool. This is a powerful promise, as here God promises that if we obey Him He will bless us with excellent digestion "health to thy navel" and a strong immunity "marrow to thy bones" (the immune system cells are formed in the bone marrow). Interestingly, these are the two main factors needed for good health.
A clear conscience combined with cheerfulness are better than drugs as effective agents in restoring health.

3. A HAPPY HEART

"The joy of Lord is your strength." —Nehemiah 8:10
There is a physiological truth—truth that we need to consider—in the scripture: "A merry rejoicing heart doeth good like a medicine" (Proverbs 17:22, emphasis added). cat
Our thoughts are the food that our brains feed on. As we can eat foods that steal from our bodies‚ like sugar; we can also think thoughts that steal from our bodies‚ like anger. We can choose what we think‚ and in doing so‚ we choose between health and disease.
Redford Williams‚ M.D.‚ author of the book Anger Kills‚ wrote: "Getting angry is like taking a small dose of some slow-acting poison every day of your life." Grief‚ anxiety‚ discontent‚ remorse‚ guilt‚ distrust‚ all tend to break down the life-forces and to invite decay and death.
In his book‚ Anatomy of an Illness‚ Norman Cousins describes his recovery from ankylosing spondylitis‚ a disease of "unknown etiology" with a survival chance of one in 500. In a desperate bid to survive‚ Cousins rejected his drug therapy‚ hired a projector and amused himself watching old comedy movies. He was following a hunch he had acquired from reading Dr. Hans Selye's book The Stress of Life‚ and his changed state of mind‚ helped by laughter‚ improved diet and his own determination‚ was the turning point from which he recovered full health in a few months.
It has been said that a hearty laugh a day may keep the doctor away. Laughter has innumerable benefits. It increases blood flow as much as a 15- to 30-minute workout. It proves a potent anti-stress factor‚ decreases asthmatic attacks‚ increases stamina‚ relieves arthritic pain‚ and promotes good sleep. Also, since the serotonin levels go up after laughter‚ it is an effective antidote for depression. Studies have shown that even breastfed babies with eczema experience milder symptoms if their mothers laugh hours before feeding them.

"All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast."
—Proverbs 15:15
How Can I Be Happy When I Don't Feel Happy?
Cheerfulness is created by considering the great blessings we enjoy as children of God. We can also gain happiness through the pleasure of blessing others.

What Thoughts Should I Think of to Promote Health of Body and of Soul?

"Finally‚ brethren‚ whatsoever things are true‚ whatsoever things are honest‚ whatsoever things are just‚ whatsoever things are pure‚ whatsoever things are lovely‚ whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue‚ and if there be any praise‚ think on these things." —Philippians 4:8
But I Feel Dominated by Negative Thoughts …
You may close every door to negative thoughts by lifting the soul into the presence of God through sincere prayer whilst claiming this promise in faith: "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5).

4. GRATITUDE

"Be careful for nothing [be anxious about nothing]; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." —Philippians 4:6
Life is a "Gift of God." Ecclesiastes 3:13
Every blessing comes from God's bountiful hand and nothing tends to promote health of body and of soul more than a spirit of gratitude and praise. It is a positive duty to resist melancholy‚ discontented thoughts and feelings—as much as it is a duty to pray. child picking flowers
"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). This command is an assurance that even the things which appear to be against us will work for our good. "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28). God would not bid us be thankful for that which would do us harm.
Many do not leave their cases with God; they encourage weakness and disease by worrying about themselves. If those would cease repining and rise above depression and gloom‚ their recovery would be more certain. They should remember with gratitude how long they enjoyed the blessing of health; and should this precious boon be restored to them‚ they should not forget that they are under renewed obligations to their Creator. When the ten lepers were healed‚ only one returned to find Jesus and give Him glory. Let us not be like the ungrateful nine whose hearts were untouched by the mercy of God.

What Will Happen When I Start to Praise God?
Goddesires us to make mention of His goodness and tell of His power. He is honored by the expression of praise and thanksgiving. He says, "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me" (Psalm 50:23). God desire s that the whole life of His people should be a life of praise. Thus His way is made "known upon earth," His "saving health among all nations" (Psalm 67:2).

"Delight thyself also in Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
—Psalm 37:4, emphasis added

5. THE POWER OF PRAYER
prayer Do not be stressed; instead take your problems to God in prayer. Keep your wants‚ your joys‚ your sorrows‚ your cares‚ and your fears before your Father in heaven. You cannot burden Him; you cannot weary Him. He who numbers the hairs of your head is not indifferent to the wants of His children. "The Lord is very pitiful‚ and of tender mercy" (James 5:11). His heart of love is touched by our sorrows and even by our utterances of them. Take to Him everything that perplexes the mind. Nothing‚ is too great for Him to bear‚ for He holds up worlds‚ He rules over all the affairs of the universe. Nothing that in any way concerns our peace is too small for Him to notice. There is no chapter in our experience too dark for Him to read; there is no perplexity too difficult for Him to unravel. No calamity can befall the least of His children‚ no anxiety harass the soul‚ no joy or cheer‚ no sincere prayer escape the lips‚ of which our heavenly Father is unobservant‚ or in which He takes no immediate interest. "He healeth the broken in heart‚ and bindeth up their wounds" (Psalm 147:3)

The relation between God and each soul is as distinct and full as though there were not another soul upon the earth to share His watch-care‚ not another soul for whom He gave His beloved Son.
Jesus promises: "And all things‚ whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer‚ believing‚ ye shall receive" (Matthew 21:22). He also says: "If ye abide in me‚ and my words abide in you‚ ye shall ask what ye will‚ and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7). "The prayer of faith shall save the sick‚ and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins‚ they shall be forgiven him" (James 5:15).
Unceasing prayer is the unbroken union of the soul with the Lord‚ so that life from God flows into our life; and from our life‚ purity and holiness flow back to God. There is no time or place in which it is inappropriate to offer up a petition to God. Perseverance in prayer has been made a condition of receiving.

He who numbers the hairs of your head is not indifferent to the wants of His children.
Without Believing in the Power of Prayer‚ How Can I Know Prayer Really Works?
Larry Dossey‚ M.D.‚ in his book Healing Words‚ described "one of the best kept secrets in medical science: benefits of prayer." Dr. Dossey defines prayerfulness as "a feeling of love‚ compassion and empathy toward another," and he explains that prayer is "a powerful and legitimate (if often overlooked) method of healing." Dossey uses an impressive array of evidence to show that prayer can have a positive effect on health. A 1988 study conducted in San Francisco investigated the effect of prayer on the cardiovascular health of 393 coronary-care patients. Unknown to the patients involved‚ one group was prayed for and the other was not. At the end of the ten-month study‚ the prayed-for group was five times less likely to require antibiotics and three times less likely to develop a condition in which the lungs get filled with fluid.
In the October 2001 issue of Journal of Reproductive Health‚ researchers at Columbia University—expressing great surprise at their own profound findings—announced that when complete strangers prayed for women who went to a fertility clinic‚ the women had twice the pregnancy rate as women for whom prayers were not offered.

"… but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it." —Hebrews 4:2
6. LOVING OTHERS
children

THE GOLDEN RULE:
rabbit Scientists put groups of rabbits in cages, fed them high-cholesterol foods for several months, and then tested them. For the most part, the results were not surprising. Because of their poor diet, the rabbits had greatly elevated cholesterol in their veins and arteries. All of them but the ones in the lower cage. The researchers wondered why only these rabbits were not affected by the poor diet? The researchers checked further and found that one of the female lab attendants had taken a liking to the rabbits in this cage.
After recording research information about the rabbits, she would give them personal attentions, taking them out of the cage, snuggling, petting, and playing with them. She did this every day.
The researchers thought this was fascinating and decided to implement the "love" variable on a broader scale. This time they put three groups of rabbits (A, B, and C) in three separate cages and fed them fatty foods. Every day they took group A out of their cage and played with them for a period of time, hugging, snuggling, and petting them. Then group B they touched only once in a while, and group C they never touched at all.
When the experiment was over and the researchers tested all three groups, they found that group C had a high build up of cholesterol, group B had a little less build up of cholesterol, and—not surprisingly—group A had significantly less cholesterol build up. The only variable was how much attention and loving care the rabbits in the groups received.
One basic truth seemed to emerge from the research: Although the rabbits ate the same unhealthy food, those that were given attention and love developed more effective ways to handle the bad food they were eating. In other words, there was a significant link between love and physical health.
The love which Jesus diffuses through the whole being is a vitalizing power. Every vital part—the brain‚ the heart‚ and the nerves—is touched with healing. By it the highest energies of the being are roused to activity. It frees the soul from the guilt‚ sorrow‚ anxiety and care‚ which crush the life forces. With it comes serenity and composure. It implants in the soul health-giving joy that nothing earthly can destroy.
As we receive the love of Jesus and experience the rich gifts of His grace we become debtors (Romans 1:14) and are called to impart to others that which we have received.

"Giving love is a powerful healer."
When you love others‚ your immune system is energized to fight against the disease. Love changes the chemical pathways of the brain strengthening your body's resistance.

There Is Someone I Just Cannot Love, What Can I Do?
There are many ways to develop appreciation and love for a person but one of the most effective ways is to include the person in your intercession at the throne of grace. It is difficult to dislike someone for whom you are praying for. God changes your heart as you pray for that person. Try it!
Also it is important to accept the person for what he is rather than for what he is not. We miss much if we fail to look for the good qualities and strengths which each person possesses.

7. SAMARITAN WORK

"Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness‚ to undo the heavy burdens‚ and to let the oppressed go free‚ and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry‚ and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked‚ that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the morning‚ and thine health shall spring forth speedily." —Isaiah 58:6-8
A man journeying on a winter's day through deep drifts of snow became benumbed by the cold, which was almost imperceptibly freezing his vital powers. He was nearly chilled to death, and was about child to give up the struggle for life when he heard the moans of a fellow-traveler, who was also perishing with cold. His sympathy was aroused, and he determined to rescue him. He chafed the ice-cold limbs of the unfortunate man, and after considerable effort raised him to his feet. As the sufferer could not stand, he bore him in sympathizing arms through the very drifts he had thought he could never get through alone.
When he had carried his fellow-traveler to a place of safety, the truth flashed home to him that in saving his neighbor he had also saved himself. His earnest efforts to help another had quickened the blood that was freezing in his own veins, and sent a healthy warmth to the extremities of his body.
In helping others we ourselves receive help.
Doing good is an excellent remedy for disease. The pleasure of doing good to others imparts a glow to the feelings which flashes through the nerves and quickens the circulation of the blood and induces mental and physical health.
If the mind is free and happy‚ from a consciousness of right doing and a sense of satisfaction in causing happiness to others‚ it creates a cheerfulness that will react upon the whole system‚ causing a freer circulation of the blood and a toning up of the entire body. The blessing of God is a healing power‚ and those who are abundant in benefiting others will realize that wondrous blessing in both heart and life.

An aimless life is a living death.
One of the surest hindrances to the recovery of the sick is the centering of attention upon themselves. Many invalids feel that everyone should give them sympathy and help‚ when what they need is to have their attention turned away from themselves and to think of and care for others.
God imparts His blessings to us that we may impart to others. When we ask Him for our daily bread‚ He looks into our hearts to see if we will share the same with those who are more needy than ourselves.
The widow and the fatherless have the strongest claims upon our tender sympathy (James 1:27). They are the objects of God's special care. They are lent to followers of Jesus in trust for God. To love and to labor is the sum of living‚ and yet how many think they live who neither labor nor love.

8. SWEET WORDS

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." —Proverbs 16:24
What Is the Importance of Sweet Words?
honey comb In their book Food and Love‚ Gary Smalley and Rex Russell compiled the following research that was most revealing:
Medical research has studied the effect of chronic quarrelling on a person's health and have found that couples and roommates who frequently quarrel tend to have more illnesses than do the people in amicable relationships. Those who have constant fights suffer a weakening of their immune systems and are generally less healthy than those who react amicably with friends and family.
A study of students at Yale University discovered that roommates who disliked each other had far more colds and flues and visits to physicians than did roommates who liked each other—and the greater the dislike—the higher the number of illnesses.

"There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health."
—Proverbs 12:18
Researchers of Ohio State University Medical Center brought 90 couples into a lab and asked them to resolve an issue of disagreement; continuous blood monitoring for 24 hours revealed that couples who had high levels of hostility displayed significant deterioration on eight measures of the immune system.
Researchers at Cambridge University in England found that couples who had constant quarrels were 13 times as likely to develop a serious illness as couples who rarely fought.

"A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." —Proverbs 18:20‚ 21

How Can I Make Sure That My Words Are a Good Influence?
If your thoughts are right, then yours words will be right. It is best for every soul to closely investigate what mental food we serve our brains to chew on. Slanderous speeches, is a form of cannibalism, will not be spoken by those who are feeding on that which is the Bread of Life. When one gives place to an angry spirit, he is just as intoxicated as a drunkard.

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of some slow-acting poison every day of your life."
—Redford Williams, M.D., Anger Kills

10. Let's Get Practical

HOW TO CHANGE?

Address Your Health or It Will Address You
In 2006, in Beijing‚ a 35-year-old Chinese man‚ wanted by police on gun charges‚ surrendered himself after hiding in a cave constructed at the back of his house for eight years. After eight years‚ in spite of the possibility of a death sentence‚ the man finally gave himself up to police after no longer being able to cope with the "psychological pressure."
The harvest of our lifestyle habits inevitably reaps itself in the condition of our health. If we choose not to change bad habits‚ we are as the man hiding in the cave pretending to be free when really in bondage to the inevitable.
Delay is the worst enemy for reform. It is essential to examine where you fail‚ and then commence the work of reform earnestly without delay one small step at a time. Make an effort to carefully preserve the remaining strength of your vital force‚ by lifting off every transgression of God's physical and moral laws. The timing of your reform will tell in favor of your success; delay and neglect will only make it more difficult.

Ask For the Grace of God
The most profound and long-lasting changes in our behavior come as we look to God for help. Never are we to lose sight of Him. "Without Me," Jesus says, "you can do nothing." Remember this (John 15:5). When you know Jesus personally, the Holy Spirit of God will dwell in your heart. As such you will have a source of strength and power to make great changes in your life.
If you are conscious of an area in your life that needs to change, talk to God about it and commit the change you desire to make to Him. When you depend on His strength and not your own, He will never fail you.
If you are sick and want to recover‚ the change must be dramatic and complete. Ask in faith for the strength of character needed to make the reform and God will give you the power to will and to do. The Word teaches us, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13).
We need to learn that the blessings of obedience‚ in their fullness‚ can be ours only as we receive the grace of Jesus. It is His grace that gives us power to obey the laws of God. It is this that enables us to break the bondage of evil habits. This is the only power that can make us and keep us steadfast in the right path.
God in His wisdom has created human beings with all the potential to grow and change. The greatest thing any person can do to improve his habits is to submit himself to his Creator. As he does this he will begin to grow into the likeness of Jesus Himself who kept all His Father's moral and physical health laws.

Adopt the Right Mindset

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he." —Proverbs 23:7
What you think, say, see, smell, feel and taste is all dependent on how you choose to think of it in your mind. If you determine by the grace of God to love health reform you will love it. If you approach it with skepticism and dislike, it will feel, look, smell, and taste to a great extent according to what you think.

Good Health Is a Habit‚ Not an Event
An "all or nothing" mentality is the way to defeat. If you are unable to do everything all at once or always‚ do not fret, you don't need to overwhelm yourself. Simply adapt one change at a time, once you get used to it, quickly get started on another good habit.
Every step you take towards health will do you good. If you slip‚ do not quit. It is what you do most of the time that counts. It is not the odd times but the habitual tendency that determines good health.
One of the differences between people and animals is the way they acquire behavior patterns. Animals follow instinct. This knowledge and behavior is inherited. In contrast‚ although tendencies are inherited, humans follow learnt behavior. Most of what we do‚ we do because we learnt it somewhere. Habits are convenient‚ since once we establish them‚ we don't have to deliberate about everything we do.
The good news is‚ once you follow a healthy lifestyle for long enough‚ it will become a rewarding habit to help keep you on track with much less effort and planning. Consistency is key, and the more often you engage in the habit, the stronger yet easier it becomes.

"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
—Thomas A. Edison
We cannot be too often reminded that health does not depend on chance. It is a result of obedience to GOD's laws. Obedience to these laws is by no means a restriction of liberty, it really is an inestimable blessing that frees us from all fear of illness.
You are to "look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18). The exchange you make in the denial of selfish desires and inclinations is an exchange of the worthless and transitory for the precious and enduring. This is not sacrifice, but infinite gain.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." —Romans 12:1, 2, emphasis added

May you have good health and God's Bless you!!!!

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum