END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

BE HUMBLE AND NOT PROUD

Go down

BE HUMBLE AND NOT PROUD Empty BE HUMBLE AND NOT PROUD

Post by Harry Sat May 09, 2015 11:48 am

BE HUMBLE AND NOT PROUD

ARE YOU A PROUD PERSON?

"But we all are as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." Isaiah 64:6. Then why should pride be in our lives? "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18

Pride can be defined as thinking more of ourselves than we ought, being blind to our own faults while seeing the faults that others have. It says look at me, look at what I am doing, trying really hard for attention.

"Every one that is Proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join hand, he shall not be unpunished." Proverbs 16:5 The Proud know nothing, but they go about questioning and causing strif. Some of the qualities that a Proud person normally has are:

1. INTELLECTUAL PRIDE: Hard to admit mistakes. They are usually right, and others are wrong. "If a man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know." I Corinthians 8:2. Having a good education is very importaant but there are times when highly educated people become puffed up because of their knowledge, and they think that they could never be wrong. "Trust in YAHVAH with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5.

2. MATERIAL PRIDE: Unwilling to associate with people of lower standard. "And HE said to them,'Take heed, and beware of covetousness; for man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.'" Luke 12:15. Having financial worth, or a nice vehicle, or a massive house does not give us the authority to think that we are better than anyone else. When YAHVAH Blesses us with material substance, we should never set our hearts upon it. But we should give HIM Thanks for all the Blessings HE bestowed upon us.

3. NATURAL PRIDE: Always seeking Praise. "How art thou fallem from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of YAHVAH: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the MOST HIGH." Isaiah 14:12-14. We must never think more highly of ourselves than we ought to think. By being humble, we will gain respect and honour.

We must think soberly. Always avoid trying to do more or be better than a particular person. We must always let the forgiving spirit stand out in our lives, and we must always be ready to say that I am sorry. Pride is very dangerous because it is not easily noticed by even the person who has it. Usually everyone else can see it except the person who has it. "Humble yourselves in the sight of YAHVAH, and HE shall lift you up." James 4:10.

YAHSHUA teaches us to humble ourselves by giving us many examples. YAHSHUA arose, and laid aside HIS garments, and taking a towel, HE girded HIMSELF. Then HE poured water into a basin and began to wash HIS disciples feet and to wipe them with the towel with which HE was girded. (Please Read John 13:4-5).

YAHSHUA said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." John 13:16 YAHSHUA' greatest example of humility was HIS death on the cross for our sins!

Humility is a form of respect for others. "YAHVAH resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." James 4:6, last part. As Christians, we are striving to make it to the kingdom. We should never let Pride enter our hearts anytime. "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." Proverbs 27:2.

SO BE HUMBLE ALWAYS!

Author: Harry Dill

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum