END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

HOW CAN I READ, UNDERSTAND AND PRAY WITH THE BIBLE?

Go down

HOW CAN I READ, UNDERSTAND AND PRAY WITH THE BIBLE? Empty HOW CAN I READ, UNDERSTAND AND PRAY WITH THE BIBLE?

Post by Harry Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:19 am

[list=breadcrumb]
[*]How can I read, understand and pray with the Bible?
[/list]

HOW CAN I READ, UNDERSTAND AND PRAY WITH THE BIBLE? Bible-300x300

The Bible is a great resource that has been inspired by God to guide us and help us understand His path.

When you study the Bible, you need to:
a-View the scriptures as God’s inspired Word “The scripture cannot be broken.” (John 10:35).
b-Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to the truth. Let God be your teacher “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” (John 16:13).
c-Don’t build a doctrine on one or two verses. In order to understand a given topic you need to collect all the verses on that topic and study them and get the overall picture “Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine?…For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little” (Isaiah 28:9,10).
d-Don’t take a verse out of context. Try to understand the background of that verse “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15).
e-Remember that ideas were inspired but the prophets used their own limited language to communicate them “Prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” (2 Peter 1:21).
f-You have to study both the Old and the New testament on any topic because the new was based on the Old “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
g-Study with an open mind not allowing the pre-mental luggage or the traditions of man to affect you “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalms 119:105).
h-Seek God’s truth with all your heart. Look for it as if it is the most precious treasure “Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.” (Matthew 13:46).
You will find the following link helpful as it answers thousands of your Bible questions:http://www.proofdirectory.org/bible-answers/
In His service,

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum