END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

Liberals attack MLB legend for being “old, white”

Go down

Liberals attack MLB legend for being “old, white” Empty Liberals attack MLB legend for being “old, white”

Post by Harry Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:03 am

Liberals attack MLB legend for being “old, white”

November 7, 2017

Legendary baseball announcer Vin Scully announced Sunday he would never watch another NFL game — and the announcement left liberals very, very mad.

So the left responded in the only way they know how — they attacked Scully for being nothing but an “old white man.”

Sponsored: Leaked video PROVES Obama hates America…

Scully, beloved and respected icon whose reputation extends across all professional sports, said during “An Evening with Vin Scully” at the Padadena Civic Auditorium in California that he was done with the NFL.

“I am so disappointed. And I used to love, during the fall and winter, to watch the NFL on Sunday. It’s not that I’m some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year. Didn’t go anywhere, didn’t do anything,” Scully said.

“But I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing I can do in my little way is not to preach. I will never watch another NFL game,” Scully concluded to cheers from the audience.

Sponsored: Why are satellites targeting THIS strange location?

To liberals, that’s unacceptable — and they quickly snapped back.

NBC Sports Ashley Varela responded, “While it would be easy to write this off as another old white guy out of touch with the social and political problems of today’s society, that only trivializes an important issue. If any positive change is going to stem from these silent protests, it will require those in positions of power and influence to become allies, not adversaries.”

“A member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Mr. Scully retired last year after 67 seasons calling games for the Los Angeles Dodgers but had also done play-by-play announcing for NFL games for CBS from 1975 to 1982,” The Washington Times reported.

Sponsored: Doctor-recommended foods to eat before your next blood pressure test

How did Deadspin talk about such a legendary sports announcer’s opinion on patriotism and the NFL?

“Old Retired White Man Has Opinion You’d Expect On National Anthem Demonstrations,” they wrote, saying it was “unclear” why Scully brought up the military at all. Clearly, they don’t get it.

Of course, Scully was notable for being close friends with former L.A. Dodger Jackie Robinson, who was famous for breaking baseball’s color barrier.

Sponsored: God’s mysterious pain-relief secret

You can listen to the so-called “deplorable old white man” tell a charming story about Robinson here —

https://youtu.be/3x9RAxrWbnc

Vin Scully — not Colin Kaepernick — is the kind of American our country needs more of.

Liberals would be well off to listen to men like him, instead of trying to scream them down.

— The Horn editorial team

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum