END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

Taking Refuge From A Troubled World

Go down

Taking Refuge From A Troubled World Empty Taking Refuge From A Troubled World

Post by Harry Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Taking Refuge From A Troubled World

April 2, 2018 by Jack Wellman

Everyone has to go through troubles, but you don’t have to go through them alone. Read how the storms of life help bring us safely into the harbor of heaven.
Piles of Trials
An old Moody Blues song once proclaimed that we can face piles of trials with smiles, but it’s hard to smile when it seems you’re being buried by piles of trials, so smiling is fine, but smiles don’t banish piles of trials, believe me…but faith can! There’s nothing wrong with smiling, but Jesus once said to His disciples who thought they were going to perish in a storm at sea, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him” (Matt 8:26-27)? I doubt very much the disciples felt like smiling, so smiling, or trying to endure in your own strength just won’t work, but what Jesus said was something very similar to what was recorded by the psalmist who wrote: “He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed” (Psalm 127:29), so I believe that was like a prophecy which Jesus Christ would fulfill when He calmed the great storm. Today, your storm may not be an actual storm, but maybe a financial one, a health crisis, or a wrecked relationship…or it could be all of the above, but this makes Psalm 57:1 more relevant, as the psalmist wrote, “Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.” That’s why we can say, along with the Prophet Nahum, “The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him” (Nahum 1:7).
image: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/348/2018/03/Storms.jpg

Shadows of Death
One of the greatest Psalms in the Bible about walking in shadowy valleys of life is Psalm 23, and one in which the author (David) knew much about. He writes, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me” (23:1). He understood that “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say the LORD, My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust” (Psalm 91:1-2). David had been running from King Saul, some say for over 10 years, so he knew what it was like to be walking in the shadows of death, but David also understood that a shadow and reality is not the same thing. Even though it looked like a “valley of the shadow of death,” he feared no evil because God was with him. If I were in a valley, I’d rather be hit by the shadow of a great boulder than by the boulder itself. In other words, shadows can’t hurt you. Next, God’s rod and staff, or God’s sovereignty over all, gave David comfort. He knew that he’d been anointed king and would surely serve someday as king of Israel, so even though there were dangerous situations, he knew God would be with him and bring him through it all. David knew he would not die, but harrow escapes from death still made him cling to His God for a refuge, and much of what he wrote reflected that trust in God. David could state what Isaiah the Prophet wrote: “There will be a booth for shade by day from the heat, and for a refuge and a shelter from the storm and rain” (Isaiah 4:6), because “He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed” (Psalm 107:29). The One Who created the storm, steers the storm, and even though he may not take us around, over, or under the storm, surely He will go with us through the storm…the same as Jesus did with His disciples, who by the way, all arrived safe and sound on the other shore (Matt 8:28). That’s our destination too…the other shore that is. It is coming…undoubtedly.

image: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/348/2018/03/Storms-and-LIghtning.jpg

Cries for Help
Not long ago a friend told me that he felt like God was distant, so I asked, “Do you think God’s farther away than He used to be?” to which he replied, “Yes,” Then I asked him, “Who moved?” All he did was smile because he got the point. God declares that He never forsakes us or leaves us (Heb 13:5), so when He feels far away, He may in fact be closest of all. God’s Word says He has “been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat; for the breath of the ruthless is like a storm against a wall” (Isaiah 25:4), and so “The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken” (Psalm 34:17-20). God is near the crushed in spirit, but He delivers every one out of their afflictions. We may not know the “when” of that deliverance, but it is coming. God is also near to the humble, but is opposed to the proud (James 4:6), so when you just can’t stand it anymore, Jesus says, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matt 11:27-30).
Conclusion
We all fall under one of these categories; we’ve either just passed through a storm, we are currently in a storm, or have one on the horizon, but you’re not alone because God goes with you in the storms. Jesus actually sent the disciples into the storm, but they forgot…Jesus was with them in the boat, so He will be with us in our storms of adversity, whatever they may be. It might be a financial catastrophe caused by a health issue. It could be a relationship that’s just been destroyed and now its wreaking havoc on the family, or it could even be the impending death or recent death of a loved one or a close friend. There’s one thing about being human…it’s 100% fatal. Ten out of every 10 die, but that’s not the end. For those who have believed, it is only the beginning. Its goodbye to pain, sorrow, suffering, and death (Rev 21:3), but its hello to eternal life and being in the presence of God in the New Jerusalem (Rev 22). Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this” (John 11:25-26)? Only you can answer that, but the answer determines your eternity. Death levels the playing field for the rich and poor and the great and small, but for those who trust in Christ, it is the beginning of it all!
Article by Jack Wellman
Jack Wellman is Pastor of the Mulvane Brethren Church in Mulvane Kansas. Jack is a writer at Christian Quotes and also the Senior Writer at What Christians Want To Know whose mission is to equip, encourage, and energize Christians and to address questions about the believer’s daily walk with God and the Bible. You can follow Jack on Google Plus or check out his book Teaching Children the Gospel available on Amazon.

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down