END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

THE CASE FOR THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, KEEP THEM

Go down

THE CASE FOR THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, KEEP THEM Empty THE CASE FOR THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, KEEP THEM

Post by Harry Fri May 22, 2015 10:25 am

THE CASE FOR THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, KEEP THEM!

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." (1 John 3:4, KJV)

So, the purpose of the Law is to show us, or help us define sin.

". . . I would not have known sin except through the law." (Romans 7:7

And what is the penalty for breaking the Law (sinning)?

"For the wages of sin is death . . ." (Romans 6:23,

Does the Law still apply after the New Testament? Jesus, when asked by a rich young ruler what he must do "to have eternal life," plainly stated:

". . . if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17

Consider also the following texts penned by the Apostle John many years after Jesus's resurrection:

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the Commandments of God. (See Revelation 14:12.)

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14

But is it even possible to keep the Commandments?

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13

He which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. (See Philippians 1:6.)

Some people, even "pastors," say that the Commandments no longer apply to us. So, God's Commandments which He wrote twice with His own finger on tables of stone are no longer relevant?
Commandment #1:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (See Exodus 20:3.)

So does that mean Baal worship and child sacrifice was only wrong in the Old Testament?
Commandment #2:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them . . ." (See Exodus 20:4-5.)

So it would be acceptable to worship a golden calf today (Exodus 32)?
Commandment #3:

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain . . ." (See Exodus 20:7.)

So Pharaoh's bold blasphemy against God's Name would not be labeled a sin today?
Commandment #4:

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days God made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore God blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it." (See Exodus 20:8-11.)

Isaiah 66:23 says that the redeemed will observe the Sabbath even in the New Earth:

"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord." (See Isaiah 66:23.)

So the Sabbath Commandment only applies to the Old Testament and the New Earth (which will stand forever)?
Commandment #5:

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." (See Exodus 20:12.)

So Absalom's dishonoring his father, David, was only wrong in the Old Testament (2 Samuel)? His behavior would today be commendable in the sight of Heaven?
Commandment #6:

"Thou shalt not kill [murder]." (See Exodus 20:13.)

So Cain's murder of his brother, Abel, would not be considered a sin today?
Commandment #7:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery." (See Exodus 20:14.)

So David's lust for another man's wife (Bethsheba) would today be acceptable in the sight of Heaven? Adultery is no longer a sin?
Commandment #8:

"Thou shalt not steal." (See Exodus 20:15.)

So when Achan stole the silver from Jericho, and consequently destroyed the lives of innocent people, that was only a sin back then (Joshua 7)? Stealing, today, is okay?
Commandment #9:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." (See Exodus 20:16.)

So Satan's lie to Adam and Eve in the garden would not be considered a sin today? Lying is today commendable in the sight of Heaven?
Commandment #10:

And, finally, the sin that started it all... the sin that made the devil who he is: coveting God's throne.

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." (See Exodus 20:17.)

So coveting is not viewed by Heaven as a sin today? Satan's covetous spirit is no longer at odds with God's righteousness and Heaven's Commandments?

Wrong... on all counts! These are all still sins. It is by the Law that we know they are sins:

"For by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Romans 3:20)

happy family The Law was not given to be a burden to us, but to make us happy and give us peace. No government, earthly or Heavenly, could be sustained without law.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments: and His Commandments are not burdensome. (See 1 John 5:3.)

"He that keepeth the law, happy is he." (Proverbs 29:18, KJV)

"Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." (Psalms 119:165

It is not merely the outward display of the Commandments on government property that we need... but rather the Commandments written in our hearts.

"I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts." (Hebrews 8:10)

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. (See Ecclesiastes 12:13.)

For those who would suggest that all of the Commandments are binding today, with the exception of the fourth (the Sabbath Commandment) . . .

"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, 'Do not commit adultery,' also said, 'Do not murder.' Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty [the Ten Commandments]." (James 2:10-12

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum