END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

A LETTER FROM PASTOR JOHN ROBINSON

Go down

A LETTER FROM PASTOR JOHN ROBINSON Empty A LETTER FROM PASTOR JOHN ROBINSON

Post by Harry Thu May 07, 2015 9:19 am

Hi; This is a copy of a letter I wrote to some friends a couple of days ago. John

Hi; This past Friday evening our congregation watched a video by Kirk Cameron entitled MONUMENTAL. It was very encouraging and informative which lots of accurate historical accounts of the pilgrims, etc. I have a lot of respect for Kirk Cameron and appreciate his attitude. I would encourage people to see this video presentation.
>>>> Having said that let me express my concern about a couple of things that he mentioned which seem to be prevailing sentiments among many believers today. At the beginning of the video he expressed his concern about his children because he wanted them to have a bright future. I too want my children to have a bright future, but if that is contingent upon America's survival as a nation then we may all be in for a disappointment. It's only natural to have a warm fuzzy feeling about our country but it will take more than a tea party to fix the problems that we face today. As I perceive it the wheels of judgement have been turning for many decades in this country. A nation does not reach our point of decadence overnight.
>>>> Another issue that concerns me is Kirk's discussion with Dave Barton. I appreciate Dave's zeal and his knowledge, but I suspect that his is a sugar coated version of history. I agree that George Washington quoted the bible frequently, but he also quoted Thomas Paine just as frequently from what I understand. It was Paine's writings that Washington used to inspire his troops before going into battle.
>>>>
>>>> John Adams said "Without the pen of the author (Thomas Paine) of Common Sense, the sword of Washington would have been raised in vain." Although there is probably some merit to some things that Paine wrote he was a great opponent of the Faith of the Bible.
>>>> Here is one of Thomas Paine's random quotes " It is not a God, just and good, but a devil, under the name of God that the bible describes."
>>>> Mixing his philosophy with the teachings of the bible is adulteration of the worst kind.
>>>>
>>>> Dave Barton and others recount that many Presbyterian ministers led the men of their congregations into battle with the British but they don't mention that starting July 4, 1776, Congress and several states passed laws making prayers for the king and British Parliament acts of treason. That is according to Wikipedia in the article about the history of the Episcopal Church. It's no doubt that the founders of our country read, studied and taught that bible, but they didn't always practice what they preached.
>>>> I feel it was inevitable that America break away from Britain, just as it was inevitable that the ten tribes of Israel broke away from the House of Judah over the same issue of taxation, but that reality did not promise a better course of action would follow.
>>>>
>>>> Some people suggest we arm ourselves to resist our tyrannical government, and almost imply that our ministers today should be preparing their men to rise up militia style, but Yahshua said that His kingdom was not of this world; if it were then His servants would fight. I am convinced however, that if we simply "do and teach" the principles that Yahshua taught (Matt. 5:17, etc), our children will most certainly have a bright future, and be shining lights in a time of great darkness. The prophet Daniel spoke of a time of great trouble in which some people would turn many to righteousness and they will shine as lights in the firmament.
>>>> John
>>>> P.S. I welcome your comments

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum