END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

DON'T PICK ON MOTES IN OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES,WHILE WE HAVE A BEAM IN OUR EYE......

Go down

DON'T PICK ON MOTES IN OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES,WHILE WE HAVE A BEAM IN OUR EYE...... Empty DON'T PICK ON MOTES IN OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES,WHILE WE HAVE A BEAM IN OUR EYE......

Post by Harry Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:48 am

[list=breadcrumb]
[*]I know Jesus says something about not picking on motes in other people’s eyes, while we have a beam in our own eye (Matthew 7:3), but in my Church I was taught that it was a sin to know someone is sinning, and not stop them. Please share your thoughts.
[/list]

Matthew 7:1-5 declares, “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.”
When Jesus told the believers not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling them not to judge hypocritically. What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others. Here, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin that the believers may be committing or even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded the believers not to do.
However, there is a righteous kind of judgment that the Christian is supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24).  If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his brotherly duty to lovingly lead the sinner to Christ (Matthew 18:15-17). This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth with compassion and inviting the person to repentance (James 5:20). The Christian is to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). He should not wink at sin but rather “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine” (2 Timothy 4:2). He is to “judge” sin but not the sinner.  A Christian is to gently lead the erring ones into God’s way (John 14:6).
In His service,

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down