END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

ASIDE FROM SATAN'S TEMPTATION, IS THERE ANOTHER REASON WHY EVE FELL?

Go down

ASIDE FROM SATAN'S TEMPTATION, IS THERE ANOTHER REASON WHY EVE FELL? Empty ASIDE FROM SATAN'S TEMPTATION, IS THERE ANOTHER REASON WHY EVE FELL?

Post by Harry Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 am

[list=breadcrumb]
[*]Aside from Satan’s temptation, is there another reason why Eve fell?
[/list]

Humans underestimate the power of “self”. Satan understood its power so when it came to tempting Eve he knew the best way to capture her attention was in the glorifying of herself. In Genesis he doesn’t just beguile her concerning her beauty, but gives her something that feeds the hunger of self-glorification. He tells her “you will be like God”. You will know “good from evil”. You will ascend and be mightier, and wiser.
These are the exact issues that made Satan himself fall. He knew that if it had worked on himself it was bound to work on these human beings. Isaiah 14:13-14 says “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God… I will be like the most high.” Satan knew exactly what he was doing. For it was the same mode of thinking he instilled in Eve’s heart that had caused him to make the great decision to challenge God’s justice. In this way Eve also challenged God’s love for her and Adam and boldly decided to trust this talking serpent over the God of creation. The carnal heart apart from Christ craves personal glorification.
Christ did just the opposite. He emptied Himself of His glory. We can never truly imagine how much Christ condescended to save us. It was such a shock that Satan was thrown into a fury of astonishment because He knew what Christ was before and what He had sacrificed in becoming human. It was so foreign to Satan’s selfish nature that this act of Christ could not be fathomed by the prince of darkness.
Eve wasn’t just deceived by a talking serpent, she held on to a promise which she “desired” to hold on to. A promise that she would be greater than God had already made her. That she would “become like the most high”. Instead of humbling her mind and heart to accept what God had already given, she chose to put matters into her own hands and receive this “extra” power that was kept from her.
So, Eve’s first mistake was disobeying God’s warning to not stray from her husband’s side (for there is strength in unity).
Her second mistake was playing with fire in being curious concerning “why” God kept this beautiful fruit from them and coming near unto it.
Her third mistake was distrusting God’s love for them.
Her fourth mistake was listening to Satan instead of running away.
Her fifth mistake was letting self take the place of reason.
And lastly, inducing Adam to sin with her…
Still yet, it could have been avoided had she not allowed her mind to dwell on the desire of self-glorification in Satan’s temptation that they would be like God.
Self was the beginning of Satan’s fall and is his driving force in the Great Controversy with Christ.

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down