END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

New Kavanaugh accuser recants, says she isn’t sure if original claim is true or not

Go down

New Kavanaugh accuser recants, says she isn’t sure if original claim is true or not Empty New Kavanaugh accuser recants, says she isn’t sure if original claim is true or not

Post by Harry Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:10 pm

New Kavanaugh accuser recants, says she isn’t sure if original claim is true or not

September 21, 2018 by Jerry McCormick

In a matter of minutes, Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s chances of being confirmed have dramatically improved.

It’s all thanks to a woman named Cristina King Miranda, who had previously backed up Christine Blasey Ford’s story with a social media post but then quickly backtracked, saying that she actually had “no idea” if it happened or not.
False Statements
In July, Ford sent a letter to Democrats explaining an incident in which she alleges that she was sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh more than three decades ago at a high school party.
Ford named one other witness in her story, Mark Judge, who has since stated that he had no knowledge of any such party or incident, as she described.

Since then, another man, Patrick Smyth, has come forward, saying that Ford had named him as being present at the party. He also denied any knowledge of the alleged party or the incident described by Ford.
Then, suddenly, Cristina King Miranda, a former classmate of Ford’s, came forward to back up Ford’s story.
The problem, though, was that Miranda’s story did not line up with the facts.

Miranda alleged that “many of us heard about it in school” for days afterward.
But Ford said she never told anyone about the alleged attack at the time.
Time to Recant
After Miranda made a social media post supporting Ford’s statement, she was immediately inundated with interview requests to tell her story.

Suddenly not so confident, she quickly deleted the post.
In a followup with NPR, Miranda stated: “That it happened or not, I have no idea. I can’t say that it did or didn’t.”
This was a complete turnaround from her Facebook post, where she had originally written: “The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school.”
Trying to explain her sudden about-face, she told NPR, “In my post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen]. I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over MSNBC news and Twitter.”
“To clarify my post: I do not have first hand knowledge of the incident,” she wrote later on Twitter, indicating that she would no longer speak out about the matter.
Still Waiting
The vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation is being delayed at least a few days in light of the allegations.
Meanwhile, Ford is currently negotiating an appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee to tell her side of the story.
Should Kavanaugh Sue Miranda for Defamation of Character?
Yes
No
Initially, committee chair Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) wanted that testimony to happen on Monday, but Ford’s attorney stated that that was not enough time for Ford to prepare.
Ford is now reportedly using a high-powered Democrat consultant to “advise” her on how to testify before a Senate committee.

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum