END TIME BIBLE PROPHECIES HAPPENING NOW & THE ROAD TO CHRIST (YAHSHUA)
src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

src="http://ra.revolvermaps.com/0/0/1.js?i=0s5awg5quen&m=7&s=320&c=e63100" async="async"></script>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Latest Topice
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}
{ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}
{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}

Visitors
Flag Counter

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT TITHING AND OFFERINGS?

Go down

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT TITHING AND OFFERINGS? Empty WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT TITHING AND OFFERINGS?

Post by Harry Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 am

The Lord intended that by tithing, Christians may be partakers of God’s great blessings “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.” (Malachi 3:10,11).
In the Old Testament, God directed that the tithe be used to support the Levites, who were His ministers. In the New Testament and in 1 Corinthians 9:13, God says that just as the priests of old were paid from the tithe of the temple, so gospel ministers today should be paid from tithe given through the church.
You might wonder: Is the tithing system part of Moses’ old law, which ended at the cross? The answer would be: No! Both Abraham and Jacob gave a tenth of their income to God long before Moses’ law was given. Because it pre-dated Sinai, we know that it was not part of the ceremonial law that ended at the cross. The laws that ended at the cross are only those laws that pointed to the sacrificial work of Christ and were fulfilled by His death (such as the sacrifices and the ceremonial temple services). The law of tithing is God’s plan for support of the ministry, and it remains in effect today.
Let us look at some New Testament examples: Jesus did endorse tithing in the New Testament “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone” (Matthew 23:23, emphasis added). Jesus saw that the miserly Pharisees were counting out individual leaves and tiny seeds for tithe instead of taking it to the temple by the bushel. Therefore, He rebuked them for being so exact in tithe while failing in judgment, mercy, and faith. He did not condemn them for tithing, but for ignoring the other great principles of Christianity. That is why Jesus said, “These ought ye to have done [speaking of tithing], and not to leave the other undone.”
The apostle Paul also endorsed the tithing system in Hebrews 7:8, “And here men that die receive tithes; but there he [Jesus] receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.”
For more on “Tithe”, please check the following link: www.proofdirectory.org/bible-answers/159-support-of-the-ministry
For more on “offerings”, please check the following link: www.proofdirectory.org/bible-answers/160-free-will-offerings

Harry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down